Major infrastructure works require the transportation of bulk materials in a continuously changing environment with a never-ending list of hurdles that make it a dangerous working space.
The transportation has been done so far with vehicles driven by people responsible for both their own safety and the rest of the workers.
Ferrovial is looking for a small autonomous mobile robot prototype, using e.g. robotic platforms type Arduino, sensors, software, etc. to move around a work-simulated environment (small-scale):
- Trips to several procurement and destination spots.
- Repetitive trips.
- Change of conditions and obstacles during transportation.
- Slopes and risk of fallings.
- Fixed obstacles such as piles of sand or gravel accumulated prefabs, fallen materials or detached rocks.
- Moving obstacles like other vehicles or people passing by.